How to Look Slimmer
Regardless of what their size, the majority of women want to look slimmer. By wearing clothes that are appropriate for your body shape you can look up to 10 pounds slimmer. For those people who are tired of dieting or just can not seem to eliminate those last few pounds choosing clothes that are right for you and suit your body type will make you look thinner - immediately. This is how it works; we're all built with our weight distributed in different places, which makes us unique. Manufacturers aren't concerned about how clothes look on the average female but how it looks on models. They create fashion looks for the ideal body type. If you don't have the ideal shape and wear whatever is in style or looks great on someone else you may be hiding your assets and dressing to make yourself look larger, out-of-proportion, or unsightly. The last thing we would like to do is create a look that makes us appear larger or out-of-proportion; nonetheless, that is what we do if we are unaware of the impact of line, design, proportion and color. Line and design is much more that wearing horizontal stripes, it is how the lines in the garment are formed, the shape and proportion of garments and how they're utilised to create the best look and how the lines of the body interact with the lines in clothes. Also, with color, it's not simply what color looks best on you (which is extremely important) but how color works with the lines of a garment to determine the final appearance. Below are a few general guidelines that will create a slimming look but is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to dressing to your full potential and looking slimmer.
Tips to Look Slimmer:
* Do not wear frills or additional material that adds mass. Do not wear bulky sweaters, or sweatshirts.
* Avoid shiny fabrics like velour and satin.
* To make your legs appear smaller wear dark hose. Do not wear patterned tights.
* Do not wear oversized, shapeless clothes to hide bulges- they will make you appear larger rather.
* Wear undergarments which have great support.
* Dress in monochromatic colours without patterns. Darker colors will make you appear younger - navy, dark green, black or gray.
* Avoid horizontal stripes. Thin vertical lines provides a slimming look.